Compliance Director eToro Money
eToro’s mission is to revolutionize the way people access the financial markets and make their trading experience more social, simple, enjoyable and transparent. By harnessing the wisdom of the crowd, every member of eToro’s social trading network benefits from accelerated information exchange, knowledge sharing and the ability to quickly identify the best investment opportunities. With a wide range of award-winning mobile and web-based social trading tools, eToro appeals to every level of trading expertise, and provides an investment experience like no other before.
eToro Money program is a new initiative that drives the neo-banking services for eToro customers. The first step is going to be launched very soon, and it’s going to expand globally in 2021-2022.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the eToro Money program in general (worldwide), and act as a senior domain expert for eMoney regulation subjects in eToro, and at the same time - be the Compliance Officer for eToro Money UK and the relationship with FCA:
- The design and oversight of the regulatory risk & compliance monitoring program;
- Advising the Board and broader Group on complex regulatory issues;
- Advising the Board on the regulatory landscape, including new and emerging developments;
- Being the Firm’s appointed MLRO;
- Maintaining a positive and transparent relationship with the FCA;
- Overseeing the drafting and ongoing maintenance of robust policies and procedures, including; AML, clients funds safeguarding and wind-down planning;
- The submission of ad hoc & routine reporting to the FCA, including formal notifications (where required);
- The review and approval of financial promotions / marketing campaigns;
- Supporting product development, including advising the Board on the use of the Firm’s EMI license to develop product and services;
- Giving general compliance opinions/support;
- Participating in Board of Director meetings;
- Advising the eToro Group on the development of e-money services in other geographies;
- work on compliance subjects with 3rd parties, like VISA, MC and others
- Being a designated FCA approved EMD Individual;
- Managing a small team of compliance professionals.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level;
- Have a proven track record of working in the financial services sector;
- A subject matter expert in the Electronic Money Regulations, Payment Services Regulations, Money Laundering Regulations and PSD2;
- Experienced in building working relationships with the FCA, FOS and law enforcement agencies;
- Able to advise the Board and wider Group colleagues on complex regulatory issues;
- Experienced in filing GABRIEL reports;
- Have a proven track record in the development of dynamic regulated products and services;
- Experienced in successfully managing multiple projects at the same time;
- Able to work to short timelines in a fast-paced environment;
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Able to operate as a key member of an international team;
- Be willing to travel (including overseas if required).